Thursday, May 7, 2015

GALAPAGOS!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I went on a five day trip to the Galapagos Islands with AFS. It was, to say the least, the most amazing trip I've taken in Ecuador thus far! I saw giant tortoises, penguins, a sea turtle, sea lions, land and marine iguanas, albatrosses, flamingos, blue-footed boobies, the second largest volcanic crater in the world, lava tunnels and the most beautiful beach I've ever seen in my entire life! But instead of writing about it, I'll just give you guys pictures, because they're much more interesting!
Our welcome party on Santa Cruz

Yes, that is a cactus. Yes, it is huge and weird looking.


 Baby tortoises!!!


A land Iguana




A marine iguana


Tortuga Bay (aka the most beautiful beach I've ever seen)




Our welcome part on Isabela


So in Colorado we have deer crossing signs. In the Galapagos, you have to worry about iguanas...




One of many giant tortoises


Volcan Sierra Negra (it has the second larges crater in the world)


Behold! A wild giant tortoise!


The famous blue-footed boobies!



Penguins!


More sea lions! They were literally everywhere!



This is a picture of the sunrise we got to see on our boat ride back to Santa Cruz.


 The lava tunnels. Volcanic islands have a lot of cool geologic formations :)



As always, I posted more pictures on my Facebook page, so check those out if you want to see more!

Hasta luego,

Elisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment